Welcome to the website of Brian Fence, novelist and author of the science fiction/fantasy book, Librarian. When he isn’t writing, he’s building parallel universes run by bunnies, drawing ponies, and perfecting recipes for mayonnaise that doesn’t split.
“Fence writes in a tone that’s engaging and confident, and he crafts an intriguing world of shifting politics and magical elements. For fantasy fans, he delivers a wholly realized explanation for his world’s magic system. The characters who aid Lenna each have compelling back stories and effectively draw out Lenna’s strength and personality; … At the book’s conclusion, Fence promises to expand his world’s scope and up the stakes for Lenna and her friends.
A promising first chapter in a new fantasy series that seamlessly weaves magic and politics.” – Kirkus Reviews
“This is Brian Fence’s debut novel and it was brilliant. I can’t imagine a more skillfully-crafted, original debut for what seems will be a promising series and a promising author. I went blindly into this book after entering its Goodreads giveaway for signed copies (which I did not win). To be honest, the cover caught my attention more than anything (can you blame me?). I bought it for Kindle for $4 and having read it, I would have paid at least double.” – LIT MUG
“Brian Fence has managed to produce a mass-appeal, engaging, and thoroughly entertaining debut novel. There’s no need to pigeonhole Librarian into a special interest section. I can’t wait to check out the rest of the series.” - Justin Louis, WOBM
MOAR BRIAN NEWS!
- Brian’s been invited to give an author talk at the Ocean County Library (Toms River) in January! Wahoo!
- Interview with the Manchester Patch!
- Another wonderful review from Angela over at LIT MUG! Check it out!
- Kirkus Reviews has officially reviewed my book, and it’s on the main page of their SFF section (near John Scalzi, ahh!). Check it out here!
- A mysterious memo has found its way into my lap, delivered by a strange little bunneh. I wonder what it could mean?